|This position is located in Edina, MN at our Gabberts Showroom.
This person assists with the receiving, unpacking, assembling and pricing of incoming merchandise; prepares outgoing shipments; stocks incoming and lay-by merchandise.
|To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This individual must be at least 16 years of age.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Carefully unpacks all merchandise received each day.
- Accurately checks merchandise received off on purchase orders and packing slips, forwarding paperwork according to established procedures.
- Thoroughly inspects condition of merchandise received, clearly noting any damage, shortage or overage following established procedures.
- Maintains current and accurate receiving purchase order files according to established procedures.
- Assembles and prepares merchandise for floor display, meeting all standards set for presentation of goods.
- Appropriately tags all merchandise according to established procedures.
- Carefully removes manufacturer hang tags or stickers, retaining and attaching instructions in an inconspicuous place.
- Accurately prepares more descriptive hang-tags on merchandise priced over $50 according to established procedures.
- Effectively interacts with customers both directly and indirectly.
- Efficiently determines customers needs and assists them through the final aspects of sales process.
- Professionally and efficiently handles customer concerns and issues.
- Accurately and efficiently control the movement of inventory throughout the store.
- Assist the showroom staff with proper inventory control practices.
- Prepares and packs outgoing merchandise for shipment using most efficient packing materials to ensure damage-free delivery; adheres to all guidelines and limitations set by carrier.
- Addresses mailing labels accurately for proper delivery.
- Records all shipping information on appropriate documents and processes according to established procedures.
- Removes sold merchandise from display floor, as requested, promptly preparing for delivery or will-call.
- Stores all incoming and lay-by merchandise in designated locations.
- Promptly returns and accurately tags all cancelled merchandise to stockroom.
- Places tagged merchandise on stock carts and deliver to ASR.
- Maintains accessory stockroom and receiving area in a clean and well-organized manner.
- Maintains clear aisles and shifts stock, as necessary, to make room for incoming merchandise.
- Performs minor display duties, as required.
- Ensures adequate levels of shipping supplies are available.
- Breaks down large cartons for reuse.
General Work Standards:
- Cooperates with others in accomplishing overall company or department objectives.
- Meets established schedules, with a minimum of tardiness and few absences.
- Uses time efficiently to produce high quantity of work, while maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality.
- Exhibits sustained motivation to meet or exceed standards set for position.
- Maintains work area in a neat, organized manner.
- Follows all safety rules established.
- Maintains effective communication and good working relationships with others, both within the department and externally.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Adheres to safe lifting techniques, follows proper training for learned job hazards and ergonomic risk factors, participates in departmental stretching program, and overall maintains a safe working environment.
|Supervisory Duties and Responsibilities
|Requires skills to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Possess skills to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Demonstrate the ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in written format.
|Education and/or Experience
|Must have or be currently working towards a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and or training.
|Mathematical aptitude to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance where applicable.
|Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
|While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
|While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, chemical sprayer to apply lacquer or fabric protection to product. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
|Possible Stock Picker, Tugger and Sit-Down Forklift certifications may be required if employee is assisting at Service Center.